Jennifer Uhl was born and raised in Michigan. For over 20 years, she’s been an educator, worked extensively in education technology, and has been on the vanguard of merging best practices in the classroom or boardroom with the latest technological advancements. She has developed and provided training activities for faculty, staff, students, and businesses; installed and supported all manner of “edtech” hardware and software; worked collaboratively with librarians and technology staff; administered online course management systems; led the way in Michigan’s use of SMART Technologies; provided core professional development services for businesses that helped to maximize their resources and efficiencies.
Jennifer has also been instrumental in developing an implementation strategy and professional development program for deployment of iPads in schools; deployed, managed, and supported the use of iMac video editing stations for classroom projects as well as the video yearbook; and has been an Apple Professional Development Specialist providing professional development for teachers nationwide on behalf of Apple.
Download Jennifer’s resumè.
Professional Development and Presentations
- ISTE 2017 Presenter: From Technology Coach to Instructional Designer
- ReDesignEDU – Design Thinking Educational Collaboration with M.I.T., August 2016
- ISTE 2014 Presenter: Use Augmented Reality to Design Brain-Friendly Classroom Environments
- CIO/Education Congress Conference 2014 Presenter– The Art and Science of Classroom Collaboration
- Selected as one of only two North American SMART Exemplary Educators to attend and present at the first European SEE Summit in Hamburg, Germany in July 2012.
- MACUL (Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning) 2012 Conference Presenter –
“Extraordinary Made Simple: Fostering Deeper Engagement and Understanding with your Interactive Whiteboard.”
- Selected as one of 50 SMART Exemplary Educators to attend the SEE Summit in Calgary at SMART’s Headquarters (2009, 2011, 2014)
- NCTM 2011 Presentations: “Teach Smarter: Extend the Capabilities of SMART Notebook with SMART Notebook Math Tools” and “”SMART Solutions for Today’s Math Problems”
- MACUL (Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning) Conference – presented at the 2008, 2009, and 2010 conferences: “The Coolest SMART Board Tips, Tricks and Tools You Need to Know!”
- McGraw Hill Science Symposium 2010 Presenter
- AIMS 2009 (Association of Independent Michigan Schools) Conference – Selected as a presenter for Integrating Interactive Whiteboards Into the K-5 Curriculum and the 6-12 Curriculum.
- NECC 2009 (National Educational Computing Conference) –Selected as a Tradeshow Teacher
- 2009 Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference Presenter
- MITS 2008 – Presenter at the Assistive Technology and Universal Design for Learning Conference
- Selected for the Stanford University Digital Media in the Classroom Program in August ‘07
- Selected as one of 50 teachers worldwide to attend the M.I.T. Science and Engineering Program for Teachers in 2002.